Household ants can find their way into any home, so you see them from time to time. However, when you see more than the occasional ant, it’s important to know exactly what type of household ant you’re dealing with. Ants differs significantly depending on the species, and if you have an infestation, you want to know exactly what species you’re dealing with.
At Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite & Pest Services in Somerville and Freehold, NJ, we offer experienced and professional household ant control. We can identify various types of ants and determine whether or not you have a household ant infestation. Take advantage of our knowledge to ensure your home is safe from ants.
Several types of ants might try to get into your home. Their size, color, and nesting behavior can help you distinguish between species. Here is a quick list of the possible types of ants you might see in your home:
- Odorous house ant – These small, dark-brown ants have oval-shaped bodies and emit a smell when killed.
- Pavement ant – This black ant has furrows on its head and climbs masonry and walls to go after sweet foods. They make their nests under floors and sidewalks.
- Acrobat ant – These medium-sized ants with a light-brown color lift their abdomens over their thoraxes when they feel threatened. They use trees to find their ways into homes.
- Carpenter ant – These red and black ants carve their way through walls, floorboards, and insulation as they feast on wood and paper.
- Pharaoh ant – These African ants with a pale yellow color spread disease and make their nests under furniture as they hunt for spare groceries.
If you identify any of the above-listed ants, don’t hesitate to contact one of our offices in Somerville, Freehold, or Flanders, NJ. If you describe the attributes listed above to our specialists, they can find a solution to an infestation upon arrival to your home.
If you’re still not sure what type of ants infest your home, don’t worry. We can look for the nest and identify the ants ourselves.
Ants look for the easiest way to get food. Ants particularly like moist or cluttered areas. They can find food and water and will build a train of ants to harvest it all. Ants leave trails for other ants to follow, so even if you kill a single ant, dozens can still follow it.
Cavanaugh’s Professional Termite & Pest Services in Somerville and Freehold, NJ can make sure more ants don’t appear in your home. We’ll inspect common areas for ants and track down the source of the nest. Contact one of our offices today to schedule a visit.